Centrepoint | Flexible location | c.£59,000-£64,000 in London, c.£54,000-£59,000 elsewhere | Full time, permanent
About the charity/role
This is a new role for the team, focused on developing a new strategy that supports income growth over the coming years and a broader portfolio of products available to supporters. It plays a key role in Centrepoint’s Fundraising Leadership Team.
Organisationally Centrepoint are growing and investing in fundraising. It is an exciting time to join a team in shaping future strategy and long term goals, with the ability to be creative and to really innovate.
The role manages a team of seven (three direct line reports) with a revised budget of c. £600k this year, but with big future plans. As such they need a skilled and credible leader who can support growth of these fundraising channels and provide strategic direction.
“Non-ask” engagement with supporters is important activity too. They have had some great success with this over the past year.
This role will amplify the reach of Centrepoint to supporters, allowing them to expand to wider audiences/community groups (including universities, schools, faith groups etc) and foster a culture of piloting and testing new things to see what exciting new ideas can be developed.
As Head of Mass Participation & Events you will:
- Develop and implement a mass participation strategy with a focus on income growth and further supporter engagement;
- Lead a team of seven (three direct reports) to achieve team success and support professional development;
- Play a key role in the Fundraising Leadership Team, providing strategic input and supporting cross-team opportunities;
- Drive innovation and new product development to broaden the mass participation and events portfolio, increasing audience engagement and reaching new supporters.
The role would best suit:
- An experienced mass participation and events fundraiser with a track record of growing income and best practice;
- An individual with knowledge and expertise of delivering donor stewardship events – focusing not just on income generation but “non-ask” activity that increases donor engagement;
- A fundraiser with expertise of innovation within mass participation and events, able to think creatively to introduce and test new products;
- Someone with experience of developing and delivering strategy, able to view the bigger picture and budget accordingly while evaluating progress.
If you’d be interested in discussing further please don’t hesitate to get in touch. The closing date for applications is Sunday 20 June.