Refuge | London | c. £53,500 | Full time, permanent
About the charity/role
The response from major donors and trusts/foundations to Refuge’s COVID-19 appeal was unprecedented. During the pandemic, major donor income grew from c.£800k to c.£2.7m last year, with trusts and foundations seeing equally impressive growth from c.£650k in 2019/20 to c.£3.2m.
This incredible support and influx of donations now needs to be consolidated, with a focus on long term commitment and supporter engagement. These supporters may not initially give at the same levels immediately, but with first class stewardship and further relationship development the hope is that they will become loyal supporters of Refuge’s work.
The demand for Refuge’s services has never been greater. As such they have developed a new three year fundraising strategy with an aim to triple gross income, making them a £12m+ a year department by 2023.
As Head of Major Giving you will:
- Lead the high value giving team with direct line management of four;
- Develop and implement the long term trusts and major gifts strategy, delivering sustainable growth and with a focus on six- and seven-figure donations;
- Personally solicit and cultivate a portfolio of major donors (six-figure+);
- Develop a senior volunteer programme for high-value supporters which increases engagement;
- In partnership with the Events team, develop a suite of engagement events and communications for trusts/major donors.
The role would best suit:
- An experienced high value fundraiser with proven major gifts experience (six-figures+);
- A skilled leader, able to implement a long term strategy and focus on sustainable growth following a period of significantly increased support;
- An outstanding relationship builder, able to build rapport with a variety of audiences (internal and external) and take responsibility for some of Refuge’s most significant high value supporters;
- A strategically focused fundraiser, able to see the bigger picture and establish plans for growth and development – utilising networks to increase support and leading the development of new sources of high value income;
- A skilled budget manager – overseeing high value income processing to ensure strong financial reporting alongside associated KPIs;
- Someone passionate about the rights of women and children, able to act as a credible ambassador for Refuge and champion the importance of their work.
The closing date for applications is Thursday 15 July. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch for further details.