The Prince’s Trust | Flexible (with regular travel and attendance of meetings in London) | £40,000 to £43,000
About the charity/role
The Prince’s Trust gives young people practical support so they can stabilise their lives and continue to dream big by developing the skills and confidence they need to live, learn and earn. Since 1976, the Prince’s Trust has supported more than 900,000 young people across the UK.
Launched last year by their new CEO, an ambitious and exciting five-year strategy will see the Prince’s Trust try to reach all that might benefit from its brilliant support. Putting young people at the centre of their own personalised journey, the Trust aims to help one million more young people over the next 10 years.
The Prince’s Trust plans to increase fundraised income by 25% in the next five years, with income from individual supporters being identified as an area with the biggest growth potential. For the first time, one of the most respected and successful charities in the UK is going to create and develop individual supporter income, using a range of innovative mechanisms from within and beyond their large, warm and diverse Prince’s Trust Community.
As part of the newly established individual supporters and events directorate (a team of 30), a newly created Head of Long Term Income will:
- lead the understanding and communication of legacy fundraising across the charity, visiting centres, briefing teams and meeting volunteers
- manage the legacy program that generates over £1m, working with a Head of Legal and other key stakeholders
- create and implement a new long term income strategy, growing income from legacies and endowment pledges.
The position would best suit:
- a relationship-led fundraiser, passionate and sensitive to legacy giving
- someone who wants to lead a key function at a larger and developed charity
- an excellent communicator and influencer
- an action orientated individual who can work independently
- someone with a non-traditional approach to legacy fundraising who strives for innovation.
Closes on Monday 1 July.