Sense | London | Circa £55,000
About the charity/role
Sense’s mission is simple – to make sure no one with complex communication needs is isolated, left out or unable to fulfil their potential.
Over 60 years, Sense has developed an unrivalled depth of knowledge, skill and expertise to support those who often present the greatest challenge to traditional services and support providers. Everyday things like having a conversation, enjoying friendships and living independently become possible with the Sense approach.
It is a very exciting time to be joining Sense as the Head of Individual Giving & Legacies. A new engagement directorate has been created uniting fundraising, policy and communications to drive meaningful engagement and deeper relationships with existing and future supporters.
It is also a time of significant investment and cultural change. The individual giving & legacies team is a critical part of the charity contributing over 70% of the voluntary income for Sense. The Head of Individual Giving and Legacies will be responsible for all IG and legacy activities, managing and developing over £5.5 million of income.
- Lead and manage an established team of six (three direct), which generates over £5.5m income
- Strategically develop a successful programme, at a time of significant investment in engagement across the charity
- Work well across the engagement directorate and beyond, able to communicate with and influence senior stakeholders.
- An experienced head of individual giving, keen to play a central role in a growing and large charity
- A clear strategic thinker, passionate about effective and ambitious individual giving
- An ambitious, challenging but diplomatic leader, able to work well with a range of people.
Closes 9am, Thursday 23 May. Flexible working available.