The charity work with the most vulnerable people in their community – those who are isolated, facing physical or mental ill health or who are lacking confidence, skills or qualifications. The Centre deliver a diverse range of projects based on a unique model that combines social entrepreneurship, the arts, learning, social support, horticulture and holistic and integrated health programmes. In 2024, The Bromley By Bow Centre will enter its 40th year. Their services, which provide compelling solutions to the inequality their community can face, are needed more than ever.
The charity’s income portfolio has been historically centered on statutory income and trusts and foundations, but there is appetite and scope to develop relationships with corporate foundations and major donors. We are seeking a commercially minded, creative Head of Income Generation and Marketing to lead the charity in identifying new income streams and funding opportunities.
As a member of the senior leadership team you will have a key voice in developing the strategic direction and internal culture of the organisation, driving forward their commitment to being a truly antiracist and inclusive organisation.
About the role
As Head of Income Generation and Marketing, you will:
- Take full strategic responsibility for income generation and marketing, delivering on income targets of circa £3 million
- Lead and develop a team of up to 5 people across fundraising and marketing
- Refine fundraising processes and build a robust pipeline across unrestricted income streams
- Develop major donor fundraising, ideally around a small group of donors giving 5 figure plus gifts
- Explore opportunities for additional earned income
- Foster a collaborative culture with clear expectations and individual responsibility
Applications are welcomed from established heads of fundraising and those taking their first step into a head-level role.
Ideal skills and experience:
- A senior fundraiser with a proven track record of delivering income growth, ideally personally as wel as via teams
- A strategic doer, someone who enjoys being hands on and leading strategy
- A generalist fundraiser with expertise in relationship-based fundraising, ideally from corporate or major donor fundraising
- Strong leadership and management skills, with experience navigating change
- Collaborative and influential, a people-person who can inspire and motivate
- Someone with a flexible mindset who is able to think creatively
- Commitment to transparency and open communication
- A passion for our mission, keen to make a lasting impact with a local, grassroots organisation
Employee benefits include:
- Flexible working
- 27 days annual leave, in addition to bank holidays, with 3 extra days of leave between Christmas and New Year
- 1 day of additional annual leave for your birthday
- 2 Celebration Days a year that can be taken as paid leave – these days are to recognise Eid, as the majority of our employees celebrate Eid, however these can be used for any other religious holidays throughout the year or if you don’t hold a faith anything else that is significant to you
- Up to 7% matched pension contributions
- Enhanced parental leave
- Enhanced occupational sick pay of full pay for up to four weeks
- Employee assistance programme
- Interest-free loans (bike, season ticket, first month of rent)
- Sabbatical of up to 6 months, after 7 years employment