One YMCA | Home-based, returning with flexibility to the Watford office as restrictions allow | £45,000 | Full time, permanent
About the charity/role
One YMCA works within communities in Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Bedfordshire, and offers a range of health and wellbeing, social housing, children’s services, sports, and youth services.
With turnover of around £14m and over 400 staff, the YMCA is committed to making a difference in the local area through the services it delivers and the partner organisations it works with. Having been successful in generating multi-million-pound income through large local authority contracts and grants funding, the role of Head of Fundraising & Donor Engagement has been created to drive the strategy to diversify into new income streams, keeping up the momentum in grants work, and growing the team!
This is a leadership role, and will require previous strategy and line management experience, as well as the ability to influence at senior level.
- Lead on the planning, development and delivery of the charity’s 2020-2025 fundraising strategy, including all fundraising income generation, donor cultivation, relationship management, campaigns and events.
- Maximise and lead on the diversification of the donor base, to facilitate and position fundraising for year on year growth, identifying fundraising income streams across a spectrum of strategies.
- Maintain momentum and grow current income from trusts and grants (c. 500k), with a view to taking on the local authority contract portfolio, which currently sits with the Director of Business Development (£13.5m).
- To cultivate relationships with local and national networks in order to secure corporate sponsorship and other income opportunities from identified channels.
- Initial line management responsibility of one officer; with another to be recruited later in the year according to skills needed in the team. You will lead on their development as fundraisers, and their ability to contribute to the overall team target.
- Provide expertise and insight on working processes, to ensure a unified approach to grant applications and wider fundraising opportunities.
- To be successful in this role you will be a confident and proactive leader, with a track record in income generation from high-value streams.
- You will have a thorough knowledge of trusts and grants fundraising, as well as an understanding across multiple streams, with the ability to maintain current income and identify opportunities for growth.
- Ability to identify areas for diversification and growth based on current activity, and lead on the approach to doing so.
- You will be an excellent line manager, with proven experience of developing staff in their fundraising abilities.
- Ability to influence at senior level, providing leadership on fundraising strategy to peers and inspire a proactive approach to future work.
- A passion for this cause, and the desire to work with stakeholders and programmes across multiple locations.
The team is working remotely for the time being, and will return with flexible working to the head office in Watford as restrictions allow. This person will be in required in the office 1-2 days per week.
Deadline for application to Once YMCA is Thursday 25 February, so please be in touch no later than Monday 22 February for a discussion about the role and application process.
First stage interviews will be held the w/c 1 March, with second stages taking place the following week.