Health/medical | Flexible location (some UK travel post-restrictions) | £45,000 to £50,000 | Full time, permanent
About the charity/role
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive you will be responsible for leading and facilitating the implementation of a fundraising and communications strategy, focused on consolidation post-pandemic and future growth of supporters.
You will work as part of an effective senior leadership team and actively contribute to the development of the organisation’s overall strategy, identifying areas for income growth and target audiences.
Currently managing a team of 7 (with potential to grow), you’ll be a credible leader with broad fundraising expertise to support income generation and greater audience reach.
At present, much of the team income is sourced from trusts and foundations. This is the area with most experience in the team currently, and so the organisation is looking for a leader who has knowledge and expertise to manage this area but has a broader income generation background (including individual giving and digital fundraising) to allow them to focus on the acquisition and retention of new donors.
Organisationally they have developed a new tone of voice, redefined their case for support and are currently looking at a fundraising culture change programme.
It is a great time to join the organisation. You’ll have a solid platform to build upon as they reshape and rebuild their fundraising proposition to return to pre-pandemic income levels of c.£1.5m before focussing on future growth.
As Head of Fundraising and Communications you will:
- Develop and deliver a fundraising and communications strategy focused on growth, income diversification, supporter acquisition and engagement in line with the organisational strategy;
- Develop and oversee delivery of the organisation’s digital brand and communications (including social media);
- Work broadly across multiple income streams to identify new opportunities including: individual giving, trusts, major gifts, partnerships, legacies and appeals;
- Focus on increased fundraising activity that delivers effective ROI;
- Lead all marketing and communications to support organisational goals, including maximising media coverage and marketing campaigns.
The role would best suit:
- An experienced fundraiser with expertise across multiple income streams and income generation responsibilities of £1m+;
- An individual with expertise of growing supporter bases through a means of channels, including regular giving;
- A credible leader, able to refocus the fundraising and communications department to achieve future growth in income and wider supporter engagement;
- Someone with expertise of developing and delivering fundraising strategy and inspiring teams to achieve financial targets;
- An individual with communication expertise/a strong understanding of communications and PR to work with agencies and support outputs that deliver increased fundraising, engagement and advocacy.
The deadline for applications is Wednesday 21 July (CV and cover letter), with first stage interviews to take place the following week. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch for further details.