£55,000-£60,000 | London | Children’s Charity
We’re looking for a senior fundraiser and leader to drive income generation and external communications for an incredible social mobility organisation that has worked with children, families, and schools for over 30 years to break the long-term cycle of deprivation.
They look beyond the classroom to understand and tackle the barriers affecting school attendance and learning, building a vital and effective bridge between school and home life that results in better attendance, pupil behaviour and attainment.
There is a great deal of untapped potential here for a proactive fundraiser to unlock, and the case for support has never been stronger. It’s a brilliant job, please get in touch for a confidential discussion. Head office is in east London and the culture is one of pragmatic flexibility.
About the role
- Reporting to the CEO, the Head of External Relations is a newly-created SMT position that will provide the leadership needed to support income growth and brand development to meet robust expansion plans.
- The post-holder will lead and motivate staff in activities to grow voluntary income and build the charity’s profile, reputation, and brand externally to a broad range of stakeholders across government, the education sector, families and donors.
- The Head of External Relations will also support the CEO in strengthening relationships with the charity’s high-profile patrons and supporters, as well as managing and growing their own portfolio of influential, high-value donors. The post-holder will be responsible for managing two Senior Partnership Managers and the Communications Manager and will oversee seven other members of a fundraising and communications team which currently raises c£1.5m annually.
- The role offers a range of benefits which include flexible working, a family friendly environment, and remote working.
- You will have proven leadership skills, experience of managing and developing staff, personal experience of securing philanthropic gifts from major donors (or equivalent), outstanding communication skills, and a passion for education.
- This is a great opportunity for a talented leader and relationship manager who is highly motivated and excited by the prospect of building and developing their own team and shaping fundraising and communications at a crucial time in the organisation’s growth and for the families it supports.
- We are ideally seeking someone who has led a multi-income stream team in a small or medium size organisation, or an experienced high value fundraiser looking for their first SMT position.
- The final closing date for applications is Friday 12th June
- Interview dates will be confirmed nearer the application deadline and arrangements made in line with any current government guidelines relating to Covid-19.
- In the first instance please send a CV that contains full fundraising figures
- We are considering applications as they come in and may close the application window early