Human rights charity | London | Circa £33,000
About the charity/role
This human rights charity is looking for a Grants Fundraiser to join their Trust and Foundations team at an exciting time as they look to grow their income from this stream.
The full team currently work to a target of £1.4 million and consists of a Trust Manager and Fundraiser, who focus on low to mid value donors. The successful candidate will join another grants fundraiser, focusing on statutory and medium trust fundraising with key stakeholders. The team is led by a dynamic, experienced Head of Trusts and Foundations.
The Grants Fundraiser will steward a healthy portfolio and build on this to help create a long term, sustainable grants programme by:
- generating five and six figure grants from statutory and trust donors, including the Big Lottery, central and local government, Comic Relief and Garfield Weston, working to a target of c. £450,000
- expertly stewarding the current portfolio whilst developing a strategic programme of business development. Currently, the split between business development and stewarding is 60:20, with a view to increasing prospect engagement
- working collaboratively with the Head of Trusts and Foundations to maximise relationships and asks, particularly from those funders with an interest in human rights.
The position would best suit:
- a creative fundraiser, well versed in securing gifts up to six figures, looking to take the next step in their professional development
- an externally focused relationship builder, motivated by generating new income by engaging new funders and by using a robust portfolio of fundraising collateral in innovative ways
- someone who can expertly steward, manage and develop funding relationships
- a proactive and confident team player, adept at coordinating the bid process and managing complex relationships and asks, whilst upholding fundraising best practice.
In the first instance, please contact email@example.com. CVs will be submitted on a rolling basis, and the successful candidate would look to be appointed as soon as possible.