Education charity | London and home based | £40,000 to £50,000 DOE
This professional body for teachers has its foundations in over a century of support to the teaching profession. It celebrates, supports and connects teachers to take pride in their profession and provide the best possible education for children and young people.
This is an exciting time for a driven, ambitious fundraiser to join. They will be the inaugural Fundraising and Business Development Manager and as such will have an unrivalled opportunity to shape and grow a burgeoning philanthropic programme.
Despite its small size (28 people across the whole organisation) and having limited in house fundraising expertise, there have already been some impressive successes in terms of trusts and major donor fundraising, thanks to the excellent networks of the Chief Executive and Chief Operating Officer.
While there are some conservative targets associated with this role, the successful candidate will drive the strategic direction and growth of voluntary income with a focus on three main areas:
- Trusts and foundations
- Events and journal development
- Corporate fundraising
Initially, the successful candidate will be the sole fundraiser, reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, but it is anticipated that given time and success the manager will be given budget to recruit a junior officer to support them. It is highly likely that they will then promote to a ‘Head of’ position quickly.
The successful candidate will have direct access to the Chief Executive and their extensive network, who understands the importance of fundraising. The candidate will be reassured of the Chief Executive’s full support in, and understanding of, the importance of fundraising.
- Lead the development and delivery of strategic multi-year plans which drive sustainable, long term growth in voluntary and commercial development
- Develop bespoke and ‘off the peg’ fundraising collateral including cases for support and specialised funding packages
- Motivate the organisation to take a ‘fundraising first’ approach, fostering a culture of collaborative working and cross team support
- Work closely with SMT and Council to identify and secure further support
- An inspiring fundraiser who excels at strategic thinking and is willing to be at the coal face of the organisation’s fundraising. This is a sole fundraising position, so the candidate will need to turn their hand to all tasks, from administrative to high end face-to-face relations with funders
- Five- to six-figure giving experience across a range of income streams
- A strong understanding of commercial and third sector business development
- An externally focused relationship builder, motivated to generate new income by engaging new funders and developing excellent proposals
- An interest in education
This is one of the most progressive employers QuarterFive has encountered in terms of flexible working. They will consider full or part-time, and condensed hours. If you’re looking for a role that you can fit around your life, this could be it.
In the first instance, please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submission deadline is Friday 7 February, with first round interviews taking place on 10 and 13 February.