Youth/children | London – flexible working considered | £39,000 to £45,000 | Full time, permanent
About the charity
This charity’s aims are to prevent young people becoming one of the 800,000 16-24 year olds who are not in training or education or have any employment.
They are seeking a new Development Manager, Trusts who will work with the Director of Development to manage the trusts function.
They have a fantastic portfolio, and a bank of funders who will be supporting them at least for the foreseeable future.
The priority for the Development Manager will be to get up to speed with these relationships quickly, while simultaneously looking at the prospect pipeline to identify new sources of income.
- Relationship management of existing trust and foundation funders: much of their portfolio is very relationship-led and deeply invested in the projects.
- Develop the existing pipeline of new opportunities.
- Develop the charity’s statutory funding offer; potential for support from a new departments given their focus on youth, education, employability and disability.
- Grow with the charity as it broadens its fundraising: they would potentially be looking to hire someone else to focus on statutory or to split trusts and foundations at some point.
- ·There is no line management at present, but options to discuss this in the future.
The ideal candidate
- Experience of managing relationships with trusts and foundations funders.
- Exceptional written skills and communication skills.
- At least 3-4 years in the trusts fundraising landscape, with the ability to demonstrate seeing a trust relationship through the full cycle from prospect to reporting.
- Demonstrable experience of leading on successful trusts applications.
This is a non-hierarchical charity, and is a great opportunity to be a big part of a small, close-knit team. There is real impact to be made here, and you’d be joining at an exciting time of growth.
Closing date: 26 July 2021