Youth charity | London | c. £40,000
About the charity/role
A brilliant opportunity for a trusts fundraising manager looking to join a collaborative and dynamic environment, or a senior fundraiser looking to take their first step into management, with an educational youth organisation.
Reporting to the Director of Development and working closely with the Chief Executive, this is a fantastic chance to have senior management exposure while driving growth in trusts, foundations and statutory income.
You will manage an existing portfolio worth c. £500,000 while overseeing prospect research, pipeline development and the cultivation of relationships with new potential funders. With a “lead and learn” attitude you will work proactively to identify new strategic funding opportunities, working with the Development team to approach fundraising creatively and grow the prospect pool.
With responsibility for all trusts, foundations and statutory applications larger than £50,000, you will also manage a skilled Development Officer who is responsible for all trusts and foundations relationships below this level.
As Development Manager you will:
- lead on the development and implementation of the trusts, foundations and statutory fundraising strategy
- develop new funding opportunities (£50,000 and above) while actively managing relationships with existing funders
- manage and research a pipeline and portfolio of prospects, increasing revenue for each UK site and through national partnerships.
This position would best suit:
- a manager hungry to have greater autonomy and senior leadership exposure or a senior fundraiser looking to make their first step into management
- a creative and collaborative fundraiser, able to write in a compelling manner but also think strategically about how to grow this income stream
- someone who is happy to take a lead, try new approaches and take key learnings (good and bad) from these experiences.
For more details please get in touch at the details below. The closing date is Friday 16 August.