West London Zone | London W10 6TR | £55,000 to £60,000
This job is no longer available.
The West London Zone (WLZ) is a unique charity that works within three square miles around the Harrow Road, from White City to Maida Vale and Kensal Green to Notting Hill Gate. This area is home to 66,000 children and young people, but 20% are at risk of failing in school, poor wellbeing, a life of crime, substance abuse, poor mental health and unemployment. In Kensington and Chelsea, half of all children attend a private school and yet 40% live in poverty.
WLZ exists to identify children in need of support, before instigating, coordinating and helping deliver targeted and early interventions that aim to improve learning and wellbeing. Using research, detailed monitoring and a strict child-centred approach, WLZ coordinates various stakeholders (schools, charities, community organisations, public services, and families) to offer maximum accountability, efficiency and the best possible outcomes for each child. WLZ makes the best possible use of the compassion, resourcefulness and potential that exists across communities, government and philanthropy.
Since starting in 2016, WLZ has seen significant and impressive results. The charity is now set to deliver at scale. Having raised sufficient funds to support 1,000 children by 2023, the aim is to now triple this number, requiring £6 million from philanthropic giving in that time. A brand new high profile campaign is about to be launched as the primary funding vehicle, which will create huge funding opportunities for major donors, trusts, corporate and the local community. The charity has a small but high quality team, a fantastic Chief Executive, and has recently announced Sir Harvey McGrath as their new Chair.
WLZ needs a Development Director to:
- lead on WLZ’s fundraising campaign “The Child Next Door”, and other fundraising activities, to raise £6m by 2023
- help develop the fundraising, marketing, communications and brand strategy
- manage a small but growing development and marketing team
- join the senior management team, with the Chief Executive and the Chief Operating Officer
The role would best suit a:
- proven and successful fundraiser, able to build, develop and maintain brilliant funder relationships
- strong communicator, able to reach and engage multiple audiences at every level
- confident and capable leader, ready to play a key role in a rapidly growing, energised and high-performing team
Whist expectations and ambitions will be high, the support, leadership and senior networks available are exceptional. If you want to drive and grow high value income at a small but impressive, focussed and energised charity, please get in touch.
Please contact email@example.com for further details.