The Royal Parks • Based Hyde Park, London W2 2UH with travel to all parks • £35,000 to £43,000 • Full time, permanent
About the charity:
The Royal Parks manages over 5,000 acres of diverse parkland, rare habitats and historic buildings and monuments in eight Royal Parks across London, as well as other public spaces including Brompton Cemetery and Victoria Tower Gardens. The eight Royal Parks and other public spaces are among the most visited attractions in the UK with 77 million visits every year.
The Database Manager will define, design and implement a data strategy for Communications, Marketing and Fundraising. This will be aligned to the organisational strategy and the fundraising strategy, and work in partnership with the requirements of other strategies, projects and programmes.
The main focus of the role is to manage and maintain the Directorate’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system, Salesforce, and all related data, ensuring it delivers relevant, GDPR compliant, accurate and up to date information for fundraising and engagement teams across the Directorate.
The role will be the main point of contact for any data queries within the Directorate, and responsible for maximising the efficiency of the system including data cleansing, data campaign selections, supporter journey development and stewardship. The post holder will also be responsible for the optimisation and improvement of our marketing through ownership of the data strategy.
- Support the fundraising team to reach the right audiences, overseeing data and effective audience segmentation
- The Salesforce and data expert for the engagement directorate and wider charity
- Increase use of automation and develop specific dashboards for individual users
- Support the development of audience journeys and fundraising journeys
- Internal training and development of the use of Salesforce
- Optimise use of a preference centre
- Instrumental in evolving how data is used in fundraising and engagement
- Database experience gained in a fundraising context
- Experience using Salesforce and being a Salesforce Systems Administrator
- Blend of technical skills and ability to develop effective internal relationships
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Experience of creating data strategy is desirable, but support will be given in this area
- Able to manage a varied workload with multiple internal stakeholders
Office location in Hyde Park with hybrid work from home.
Closing date 7 February with first stage interviews scheduled 14/15 February.