How we're working
- The Q5 team is working remotely and we’re busy (over 50 live vacancies and many great fundraisers seeking new roles).
- It’s been encouraging to see how quickly the sector has adapted in the face of COVID-19. Fundraising continues, and once the crisis has passed there will likely be a greater need than ever for brilliant fundraisers.
- Blackbaud have published some event and fundraising resources that may well be of interest.
- Charities are creatively engaging with their donors and colleagues while working remotely, and we would be happy to share ideas for how you can do the same.
- We (and our clients) are conducting meetings and interviews via WhatsApp, Skype, MS Teams, GoToMeeting and Zoom. If you need help with this, just ask.
Video interview tips
- Treat the interview as you would any other. Do the same research, prepare your answers and dress appropriately even though they can only see you from the waist up.
- Create the right environment. Sit at a table, think about what they are going to see behind you and manage any potential distractions (phones, family, pets).
- Have patience and good humour when inevitable technical issues arise, and have a backup telephone number just in case.