The charity supports over 1,000 athletes each year – the vast majority aged 12 to 18 – by providing them with a financial award to help towards training and competition costs. This acts as a real motivational boost as it is often the first recognition they receive outside of their support network. Most of them rely heavily on their parents as they have no other funding.
SportsAid is looking for a Corporate Partnerships Manager to lead the account management of their key partnerships. The largest and most high-profile is the Royal Bank of Canada (£100k); other partners include Eversheds, Entain and Reed Smith, with a total portfolio of c.£400k. There is room for lots of growth within this.
You will implement SportsAid’s fundraising strategy and deliver income, impact and memorable experiences for athletes, parents and corporate partners. There will be plenty of opportunities to help innovate SportsAid’s approach, incorporate insight and good practice from your experience.
About the role
As Corporate Partnerships Manager, you will:
- Develop and deliver high quality proposals and pitches in order to secure growth opportunities within existing accounts and renewals
- Develop strong knowledge of the business partners and the environment in which they operate to ensure opportunities for growth are identified and maximised
- Manage the relationship with corporate partners, developing strong relationships and liaising with all levels: CEOs, sustainability and marketing teams as appropriate
Ideal skills and experience:
- Excellent account and relationship manager
- Experience of growing and developing corporate partnerships in a charity setting
- Someone brimming with innovative ideas and creative ways to develop corporate partnerships and spot opportunities
- Confident with excellent negotiation skills
- A passion for sports and/or experience of managing sports partnerships would be desireable
- 25 days holiday leave per year, plus bank holidays, increasing by 1 day for each year of service (up to 30 days)
- Optional private healthcare scheme