International development | Home based | Up to £35,000
About the charity/role
Use your leadership skills to support and develop a team of six community fundraisers covering SE England. Support them in developing relationships with volunteers, community groups, small trusts and local corporates.
You will be an experienced regional fundraiser, committed to upskilling and developing your team. You will encourage them to share best practice, develop new opportunities and maximise current ones.
- Manage a dispersed community fundraising team, ensuring they have the skills and confidence to be the best fundraisers and advocates for the charity
- Provide exceptional support to the charity’s volunteers
- Prepare and monitor budgets for the team and support them in meeting their targets and reviewing ROI
- Support the delivery of fundraising plans and UK-wide initiatives, including emergency appeals
- Work to identify opportunities in the area where there are potentially higher level relationships to be made
- Maximise opportunities for volunteer involvement withing the community fundraising programme
To succeed in this role you need to have:
- extensive community or regional fundraising experience, including working with and motivating volunteers
- experience leading a team, ideally of remote staff, providing support and development opportunities
- budget management experience
- strong relationship management and excellent communication skills to help build trust at all levels
- the ability to prioritise your workload
- the flexibility to be able to cover a large area and work calmly under pressure
You will need a full driving licence and be able to travel across SE England on a regular basis.