Freedom from Torture | Finsbury Park, London and homeworking | Up to £33,500
About the charity
Freedom from Torture is the only organisation in the UK dedicated solely to the treatment of survivors of torture. Torturers attempt to silence and break people. Freedom from Torture help survivors to find their voices again and rebuild their lives in the safety of the UK. Their team of dedicated professionals provide direct support to survivors including psychological therapy, physical health services, legal and welfare support, and expert medical reports for use in survivors’ asylum claims. They also support other providers to deliver high quality rehabilitation services to survivors.
This is a key time for the charity. With a new leadership team and significant investment in fundraising and development, an opportunity has arisen for a passionate community and events fundraiser to join a small team on an eight-month contract, where your impact will be very influential. There is an excellent opportunity to grow challenge events, as well as the wider community and events fundraising portfolio.
- Proactively engage the people who wish to fundraise for the charity, growing and managing supporter relationships with a nurturing approach
- Work with internal teams, including communications
- Help ensure that local events and activities run effectively
- Help develop engaging fundraising products and materials
- Responsible for planning, forecasting, monitoring and achieving community and events fundraising income and expenditure
- Annual target of £166.5k (budget of 45k)
- Passionate and self motivated, with excellent written and verbal communication skills that allow you to effectively work with a wide audience and produce fundraising materials
- Will take ownership on the role, and seek the opportunity to really shape and direct the organisations fundraising
- Will have experience and a good track record on delivering set targets
Applications to be sent by Wednesday 1 May, interviews ongoing. Eight month contract, flexible homeworking.