Mind | London | Competitive salary
About the charity/role
Mind won’t give up until everyone experiencing a mental health problem gets support and respect. Mind provides advice and support to empower anybody experiencing a mental health problem and campaigns to improve services, raise awareness and promote understanding.
Mind and mental health are on the public and government’s agendas like never before. At the same time, many people with mental health problems are not able to access good quality services, so there’s never been a greater need for the work they do.
Mind has seen huge growth over the last four years. This presents an increasing amount of fundraising opportunities and an opportune time to recruit for a new created associate director post.
Mind’s Fundraising department consists of five fundraising teams – Partnerships Fundraising, Public Fundraising, Workplace Wellbeing, Data and Supporter Relations and Fundraising Strategic Development – overseen by the Director of Fundraising. It currently generates in excess of £40 million per annum gross income for Mind’s work. The associate director will be responsible for the Public Fundraising and Data and Supporter Relations departments.
- Have overall responsibility for the development of public fundraising/donor marketing and data and supporter relations within Mind
- Work collaboratively with your peers, directors and trustees, and work closely with staff across Mind.
- Work with other stakeholders and external contacts
- Have a significant level of responsibility and autonomy in a senior leadership role
- Deputise for the Director of Fundraising internally and/or externally as required.
- An experienced fundraiser with extensive experience in public fundraising and data/supporter relations
- Someone with the ability to direct, develop and implement strategy
- A confident and effective communicator
- Experience with managing change and able to drive growth through that change
- Someone with experience of working cross-functionally in organisations that are complex and diverse
- An innovator who can see opportunities and bring their teams along with them.